After practicing for several years at one of the most respected and top rated defense firms in Louisiana, Collin and three other experienced lawyers formed Mansfield Melancon with the goal of providing his clients the personal attention that they deserve and expect from their attorney.
Collin has experience advocating for clients in both Louisiana federal and state courts. He has handled cases ranging from complex business disputes to individual disagreements. Collin is admitted to practice in all Louisiana state courts, in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Collin received his J.D. from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law where he graduated summa cum laude and first in his class in the Louisiana Civil Law Division. Upon graduation, Collin received Loyola’s highest award to a graduating law student, the Spirit of St. Ignatius Award. During his time at Loyola, Collin was a member of Loyola’s Law Review for two years. He also participated in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition. Collin also served as the Chief Justice of Loyola’s Honor Board.
Before practicing law, Collin served as a commissioned sheriff’s deputy in East Baton Rouge Parish, where he was assigned to the uniform patrol division. Collin’s experience as a police officer provides added value to his clients who are facing criminal charges.
Collin received a B.A. in International Studies and a minor in Political Science from Louisiana State University.
When Collin is not practicing law, he enjoys LSU football, the New Orleans Saints, duck hunting, and traveling to new places to hike and experience different cultures.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Business Litigation
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Louisiana State University, B.A.; International Studies and a Minor in Political Science
- Louisiana Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- St. Thomas More American Inns of Court
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- All Federal Courts in Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Graduated First in His Law School Class in the Louisiana Civil Law Division
- Received Loyola’s Highest Award Upon Graduation – Spirit of St. Ignatius Award for Outstanding Law Graduate
- Member of the Loyola Law Review
Get in touch
We at The Law Firm of Mansfield Melancon know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.